Are you aware that there was a meteor shower last night (Friday, December 14th)? Well, if you weren't, you now know. So I went out and watched with a few friends. We drove to a little hill in a mountaneous region, laid down some blankets and stared at the sky. Small downside, it was freezing. Seriously, it was so cold that my feet took at least an hour to thaw out. But, I actually saw quite a few meteors and it ended up being pretty fun.
While I was out there though, I did think about how long it had been since I'd taken time to just relax, sit back, and think. I am constantly analyzing my life, I keep a running inventory of everything that happens, should happen, and shouldn't happen. Yeah, I'm a little obsessive about it. But that isn't what I'm referring to when I say that I haven't taken time to just think. I suppose that a more appropriate word would be ponder or cogitate. It was refreshing to shut off the constant to do lists that I have running through my head and just ruminate about life. So, I would just suggest that we all do this. A new acquaintance has been telling me that southern Californians are always rushing, we're constantly on the go. My challenge is that you take a little break from the seemingly neverending tasks that you need to comlete and just take some time to center yourself, to refocus. I can't guarantee it, but I'm pretty sure that if you do so you'll be refreshed and reinvigorated. :)
Anyway, I feel like I've been lagging lately on my blog, and so to make up for it I've decided to included a lot of random, but nonetheless fantastic, photos today. So, hope you enjoy!


No comments:
Post a Comment