How much flak do Americans get for being fat? We are the butt (sorry I couldn't resist) of so many jokes, I can't even count the number of times I've heard people making fun of us. Well, today I read a story on CNN that shows that Americans aren't the only fat people out there!
There is a prisoner in Italy who was released from prison and put on house arrest because he is too fat. He weighed something like 460 lbs. and so he couldn't fit on the beds, couldn't fit into the bathrooms, and the guards had to help him get dressed etc. everyday. Apparently they were worried that if he had to get some medical treatment they wouldn't be able to fit him into the clinic, so they released him. Or maybe it is because he was a member of the Mafia and used his connections to get out.
So what can we learn from this?
1). If you are going to become a criminal make sure to gain an ungodly amount of weight.
2). Try to befriend some people in the Mafia, or any other similar organization. I belong to the Relief Society, but I'm not quite sure if that would carry the same weight in prison as the Mafia. I'll have to look into that...
3). Don't let people tell you that Americans are the fattest people in the world, I haven't heard anything about American prisoners being too fat for prison!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your randomness with us!
Post a Comment