Does anyone aside from my sister Elizabeth and me know that poem? By Shel Silverstein? It is great, a little girl named Peggy Anne Mckay tells her mom about all of her symptoms which consequently are going to cause her to miss school. Everything from the measles and mumps to a gash, a rash, and purple bumps are used. Then at the end of the poem Peggy's mother is able to get in a word and tells her that it is Saturday. Well, Peggy jumps right out of bed and goes out to play! If only I were able to do that, but no, I am authentically sick. The curse of working in an office where people come in while sick, and thus spread their illnesses around. So while I can appreciate having the "day off," I do not appreciate having to laze around in bed sipping cough syrup, ingesting zycam every three hours, and trying to get rid of the Nyquil induced hangover. Oh the curse of being sick. I am sure that once the entire weekend is over and it is time to go back to work on Monday, I will be fine. Once again having to waste a perfectly good weekend. I know, woe is me. But this is what being sick does to a person!
On a different note, I finally signed up for facebook. It is a little crazy having people requesting to be my friend, I feel slightly pressured, like I am a rock star being mobbed by all the roadies. But I am getting used to it, I guess, and people assure me that I will love this new Facebook world I am entering. Hmmm. I will reserve making my judgement until later date...
2 comments:
Oh, I love that poem! I'm so sorry that you are sick. I hope you start feeling better early tomorrow so you can still enjoy your well deserved weekend! :) Love you!
I know that poem as well! And you're not sick anymore, only 7 days until your trip! Woot!!!
Post a Comment