Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Trip to Mesa

Last weekend I went down to Mesa for the weekend for a cousin's wedding. At this point I have to say that I live in one of only two acceptable places to live in AZ, Flagstaff and Sedona. It was so hot in Mesa, I barely survived the 2 days that I was there. For those of you who think I exaggerate, you've obviously never been near me when I am hot...I get a little irritable. I hate being hot and basically make it an uncomfortable experience for others as well.

Anyway, it was fun to spend time with my family and all of the extended family. I offered to be chauffeur for my parents and brother Paul, who flew in for the weekend. So I set out on Friday September 11th to pick everyone up at the airport.

This is a picture of me heading out of Flagstaff.

It was actually a really pretty drive. The clouds here are amazing, the sky is covered in them! Here are a few pictures to give you an idea:




Along the way I saw this road sign which made me smile:


As I got closer to the Phoenix airport my dad called and told me that their flight was delayed, it is only an hour flight, but by this time I only had about an hour left in my drive and they hadn't even left yet! Rar! I arrived at the airport and sat in the cell phone lot for approximately an hour and a half waiting for their plane to arrive. Here is a picture to demonstrate how much I enjoyed that experience:

But, I was able to do some work as I waited, so I felt productive/

Well I finally collected my family, we went and grabbed some dinner and then headed to the hotel. The ceremony the next day was beautiful, it was really nice. Here is a picture of the couple as they came out of the temple:


It ended up being an enjoyable weekend. Thanks Derek for getting married so the family could all get together.

Well, as you may have guessed I have been working on this post instead of homework. I'd better get back to researching language policy and planning...wish me luck...

3 comments:

Emily said...

Jacq my friend, you are a hilarious lady. What are you doing in Arizona?! I linked to your blog from Elizabeth's in case you were wondering if I was stalking you.
Emily Hawks Faggard

gojuliego said...

I love the clouds... they really are beautiful! I love your annoyed face too! Priceless.

JacqChurch said...

Hi Emily, how are you? I am at NAU working on a MA in TESOL/applied linguistics. And I don't mind you stalking me :)
Julie- I know, you should see the stars too, amazing!