Friday, February 27, 2009

Bon voyage...well, almost

Countdown to Europe trip: 13 days. After buying the ticket in October, it seems crazy that it is finally nearing the time for my trip- I am so excited! First of all, it is definitely time for a vacation for me, and I am so excited to go and tour around the different countries and have some fun adventures. Hooray!

I haven't thought about packing at all, and as I have a slightly OCD personality, I realized this yesterday and am going to start making lists of what I am packing. In addition to the OCD, I also have this little problem of over-packing. If you have ever been on vacation with me, you are aware of this. I can start out with a reasonable amount of clothing, but then at the last minute you'll find me in my closet, stuffing more sweaters, shirts, shorts, etc. into my bag until it is bursting. Thus, I have to make a determined effort this time to pack only what I need. This is really going to be a test of mind over matter. I will have to update as to whether I succeeded or failed...

2 comments:

sonja said...

The less you pack ... the more stuff you can bring back. With over packing there is the risk of going over the weight limits when checking baggage. Have lots of fun!!!! Are you bringing home anything special (like a guy)? Ha-ha!!!! :)

Jennifer elizabeth said...

i am so excited for your trip!! take a million pictures please, i want to see them all! and try and get your face in a few.