For those people who mock and ridicule our government take a look at what China has done: http://www.teluguportal.net/200708231469/china-bans-buddhist-reincarnation-without-government-permission/
Effective September 1st, Buddhist monks are not allowed to reincarnate without government permission. Does anyone else see the irony and hypocrisy of that? Government trying to control religion- not a good idea. Especially when dealing with something like reincarnation. I would think that it would be kind of difficult to control something like that, but what do I know... I am glad that there are so many people out there doing stupid things so I have people/things to laugh and make fun of.
In other news, I saw a movie the other day called "Death and a Funeral." It was definitely the funniest movie I've seen this year, and probably the funniest one I've seen in quite some time. I highly recommend it, HI-larious!
Story of the day: I was at a friend's house on Saturday night, sprawled in a chair when suddenly I saw something moving on my sleeve- a spider! I jumped up so fast, you would have thought that the chair was on fire. Anyway, the spider went flying to the other side of the chair and I went running to the opposite corner of the room. Then a friend tried to kill the spider with a shoe but some crazy girl told her not to because "that kind of spider eats other spiders, like the brown recluse, it's a friendly spider." You know what, I couldn't care less what kind of spider it is. The moment it enters my sphere it has violated the tenuous arrangement that has kept it alive up to that point. If a spider wants to hide somewhere and eat other things whatever, that is fine with me. But the moment I see a spider it is dead. Sorry, but that's the way it has to be. And if you want to call me cruel for killing spiders go ahead, I'd much rather that then have a spider crawl into my mouth while I'm asleep...
Effective September 1st, Buddhist monks are not allowed to reincarnate without government permission. Does anyone else see the irony and hypocrisy of that? Government trying to control religion- not a good idea. Especially when dealing with something like reincarnation. I would think that it would be kind of difficult to control something like that, but what do I know... I am glad that there are so many people out there doing stupid things so I have people/things to laugh and make fun of.

In other news, I saw a movie the other day called "Death and a Funeral." It was definitely the funniest movie I've seen this year, and probably the funniest one I've seen in quite some time. I highly recommend it, HI-larious!
Story of the day: I was at a friend's house on Saturday night, sprawled in a chair when suddenly I saw something moving on my sleeve- a spider! I jumped up so fast, you would have thought that the chair was on fire. Anyway, the spider went flying to the other side of the chair and I went running to the opposite corner of the room. Then a friend tried to kill the spider with a shoe but some crazy girl told her not to because "that kind of spider eats other spiders, like the brown recluse, it's a friendly spider." You know what, I couldn't care less what kind of spider it is. The moment it enters my sphere it has violated the tenuous arrangement that has kept it alive up to that point. If a spider wants to hide somewhere and eat other things whatever, that is fine with me. But the moment I see a spider it is dead. Sorry, but that's the way it has to be. And if you want to call me cruel for killing spiders go ahead, I'd much rather that then have a spider crawl into my mouth while I'm asleep...
1 comment:
The spider experience reminds me to The Next Karate Kid movie :)
Post a Comment