
At work the other day I was walking to another building when I smelled a horrible, acrid smell. It was smoke. But it wasn't the "typical" fire smokey smell- you know what I mean. So I looked around for the source of the smell and discovered that the standing plastic ashtray in the smoking area was emitting large quantities of smoke.
Miraculously having brought my water bottle with me, I immediately began attempting to douse the fire. I was starting to make some headway but reached the end of my water supply. Fortunately just at that moment the head of the facilities drove up and was able to properly extinguish the fire.
I wouldn't call myself a hero, but I do have to say that I saved the day. Were it not for my quick thinking the fire would have spread to the bushes, then to the generator, leading to a massive inferno. Maybe I am a hero...
No comments:
Post a Comment