Today on ESPN there was a story about the Utah Jazz's Andrei Kirilenko wanting out of his contract. Apparently the 13 million he is going to earn this season isn't good enough to make up for the coaching style of Jerry Sloan. Once again we have to hear about Kirilenko's sad, sad life. After watching him cry (for those of you who didn't see it, he was literally crying on the sidelines and in the post game press conference) wasn't enough, now he has to whine and cry about his coach. I have a few responses to this. First of all, he's in the NBA making millions of dollars- stop complaining. Secondly, and most importantly, man up! What kind of man cries during a sporting event?
I have made up a list of acceptable occasions for men to cry: when a loved one passes away, at a funeral, if you- or someone you love- is very sick, when seriously injured- and no, Dwayne Wade seperating his shoulder does not count as a serious injury- and...yeah, that is it. Hey Andrei, notice that playing horribly in a playoff game and being benched is not on that list.
I know what the guys are saying, it seems unfair to be so strict about men crying when women cry all the time, over almost anything. Well, I make no excuses for my sex. There are a lot of women who are overly emotional and need to calm it down with the whole crying thing. But there is really nothing that I can do about those women, and I wouldn't want to try. For me, dealing with hysterical, hypo-emotional women would be a fate worse than death.
To sum up this entry, I guess I would just like to advise all the people out there to try and be a bit more logical. Emotions are great, but when you let them run rampant you are asking for a disaster. So, if you are going to cry at least make sure that you do it in the privacy of your own home, preferably by yourself just to ensure that there is not that awkward "how to deal with snivelling person" type of moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment