I was driving the other day, just running a few errands, when this minivan with 2 car seats and several children in it careened into my lane, nearly causing an accident. This unfortunate incident caused me to contemplate the whole having children thing. You see, I just don't think that everyone should have children. There are people out there who absolutely should not ever procreate. A few weeks ago there was a story on CNN about a mother who was drunk so she decided not to drive. Unfortunately she opted to have her 5 year old son drive the car instead. Yeah...there is a woman who should not have been allowed to have children. Another woman from Atlanta dropped her 12 year old son and his three friends off to do a burglery and then she picked them up and drove them to the other side of town so they could sell the stolen goods. All I can say is, really? Wow...
You see, I think that just like people have to pass a test to get a driver's license or to get admitted to college, they should also take some sort of test to ensure that they have the common sense necessary to not do something like leaving their kids in the car with the windows up on a hot, summer day.
Actually, maybe every person should have to take one of those little mechanical dolls that have computer chips in them. You know what I'm talking about, the dolls cry when they are hungry or need their diaper changed. I have a friend whose little sister had to take a class in high school where each kid was in charge of a doll for a period of time.
For those people who are incapable of caring for a child they can take a leaf out of Paris Hilton's book and get a little dog. They can dress the dog up, carry it around in a purse, feed it, etc. And then when they get tired of the dog they can leave it at home or take it to a pet motel.
No comments:
Post a Comment