FX has a new reality tv show called "Black. White." The premise of the show is that two families, one black and one white, will switch lives to examine racial differences and biases in our country. Each family consists of a mother, father, and teenage child who undergo extensive makeup to transform into either a black or white person. Does this show sound strange to anyone else? I feel like I am a considerably liberal person, especially in regards to race, but this show seems pretty farcical to me. Pardon me for my confusion, but I thought that the Utopian goal, the ideal in this situation was to eliminate racism by no longer defining people by their race...isn't the point of this show in exact discord with this ideal?
All of this leads me to my main point for this blog, which is that I think that for a career I should be an advisor or a consultant. As the general feelings and spirit of Americans continue to evolve, I experience a reciprocal, almost viseral reaction to the foolish and dumb stories and ideas that people come up with. I have determined that I am right about everything 87.8% of the time, and about what other people should do 97.2% of the time. Therefore, my desire to attempt to rid the world of stupidity one small step at a time by telling people what they should do. Whether I am discussing parenting, school, relationships, or government, if people would just check with me before making their decisions I am sure that the world would be a better place.
Ok, and now to refer to a past blog that I wrote about choosing a soundtrack for your life. I periodically did this exercise and was pretty successful. For example, on Friday I woke up and the song that was in my head was "It's Friday I'm in Love" by The Cure. Now, I wasn't necessarily in love, but I did have a feeling that it was going to be a good day. Later I went to buy some new shoes, and as I was running through the stores (don't laugh, it is important to run, jump, etc. in a pair of shoes before deciding to buy them) I ran to the song "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor. While I watched the movie "Ladron que Roba a Ladron" I chose the song "Cuidate" by La Oreja de Van Gogh. Anyway, the list goes on and on, and the point is that it was fun having to think of songs to go along with the moment, so even though I know I've told you to try it before, I am going to urge you again! Just think Nike (Just Do It).
No comments:
Post a Comment