I got back from vacation yesterday. I went on a cruise to Ensenada with three friends. We have a cluster of birthdays so we decided that we would take a little birthday vacation trip. Anyway, it was so much fun! As a virgin cruiser I knew it would be good, but wasn't completely sure what to expect.
So there we are, aren't we cute? And just because I know you're wondering, no, there is no alcohol in those drinks. Well, we made some friends on our trip. There were the fraternity boys in the room across the hall from us who one day ordered one of
everything from the room service menu in addition to 17 caesar salads and 15 turkey sandwiches. Here is a picture of us with some of our frat boy neighbors; aren't they adorable? They were like our kid brothers. Then there was the random group of
Mexican guys that we became friends with. While in Ensenada we went on an excursion, ATVing! It was my first time doing that also (this trip had a lot of firsts for me) and I also had a really good time with the ATVing. We were able to spend time relaxing by the pool, we went dancing every night and yes, I am a very bad dancer but as they say, when in Rome...or on a cruise ship I guess. So, to sum up this entry, I would just like to endorse the whole cruise experience a bit more, you know, make sure that I put my stamp of approval on it and all that. If I could I'd go on another cruise tomorrow! I mean
come on- doesn't it look like we're having a grand time? Ok...well
now it is time for the serious stuff. Almost everyone who knows me is aware that I have a history of really random and ridiculous accidents.
-Tripping over a tree root while chasing a cat and thus breaking my arm- 6 years old.
-Falling from my bike twice and landing on my chin both times, and getting stitches in the same spot.
-Having tendon surgery on my finger because of a falling vase.
And the most recent event in a long list of humiliatingly stupid catastrophes: Monday morning we got into port and planned to do the early disembarking where you take your own bags and get to just walk right off the ship. We woke up at 6 am to be ready to go at 6:30. So I had my suitcase packed the night before, but I hopped into the shower really quickly Monday morning and then threw the stuff from my shower into my purse, which was basically serving the dual purpose of carry-on bag. Well, we were waiting in line for the doors to open when I reached into my bag for something only to cut my right index finger on my razor, which I had so brilliantly just thrown into my purse. So it started bleeding, but I had something to soak up the blood and I was applying pressure when I got a little dizzy, apparently said "I don't feel well" and then I fainted. In a line of a lot of people. Yeah...I love my life. So then the nurse/medic person came to take my blood pressure and sugar and I was just fine. I had hoped that seeing as how I had just passed out in the hallway that they would shuffle me to the front of the line, but no. I even had to carry my own bag! Anyway, I went to the doctor when I finally got home and ended up having to get three stitches.
So what is the moral of this little story? If you are ever feeling like you are unlucky or maybe you're just having a bad day, think about me and the random and never ending slew of crap that happens to me and if your day doesn't immediately get better then you've got to get some real help.
No comments:
Post a Comment